Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Army Organisation


Army Organisation


The orders of battle have been designed for use by Jan and I, so they will probably not make a lot of sense to most of you, so I thought that I had better try to explain a little. Mind this will also apply to a lot of the campaign, so I will no doubt have to explain a lot of things as I go along.


To take part in the PBEM campaign you don’t really have to know any of this, as Jan and I will be fighting the wargames to resolve the battles. However it may make it more interesting if you understand some of it. This will only be a very simple description, if you would like to know more just drop me an email.


Composition of each Army


Each army is the same size with 128 infantry, 16 cavalry and 4 guns. These are divided into four equal corps of 32 infantry, 4 cavalry and 1 gun. Each corps has four infantry brigades of 8 figures, 1 cavalry brigade of 4 figures and 1 gun with 4 crew. It may be a little hard for some of you to accept that 8 figures can represent an infantry brigade, but that is the minimum number to show the formation the brigade is in, for example line, column or square.


Wargame Rules


The rules we use for the wargames can be found at:

http://paulandjanwargamerules.blogspot.com/

It is important that you understand the rules, and I will be explaining them in the battle report for each wargame. Again if you have any questions send me a mail


Orders of Battle


Each general has a grade of Gifted, Average or Poor. This will affect how well he controls his corps. The better he is the more orders he can issue.


Each brigade has a class, for example CB. There are three grades A, B and C. The higher the grade the better the morale of the brigade.


Each infantry brigade also has a firing class, for example FC. Again three grades, and again the higher the better they volley fire. Class A will add plus 1, class C will deduct minus 1, for firing.


Each infantry brigade also has a skirmish class, for example SA. Exactly the same as for volley firing, but applies to skirmish fire only.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have all posts sent to me to check in order to avoid spam.